Monday, August 3, 2009

I miss you

On the phone…I know, honey…I’m just going to have a shower and go to bed…

I know…I hear you…but what can I do? Hal told me I had to be at this meeting in the morning…the clients asked for me specifically.

You know I wish I was at home with you and the girls…

I know, I hear you…and I promise I’ll do my best…

You know I love you.

OK…I’ll be flying home as soon as I can after the meeting tomorrow morning…should be home like 7 or 7:30.

No. Don’t worry about it…I’ll just take a cab. I know you’re busy.

I wish I didn’t have to do these meetings either, but Hal seems to think it’s necessary, and he’s the boss, so what can I do? Hopefully in another couple of years I’ll be in a position that I can tell him where to go.

OK…well, kiss the girls for me. I love you…I just wish I didn’t have to be away from you so much.

OK…well, I’m just going to jump in the shower, maybe order a $19.00 club sandwich, and go to bed…I’m beat.

See you tomorrow night.

OK, sweet pea…love you. Good night.

Oh God, I love this hotel… I swear it has the best shower in the entire city.

Quick rap rap at the door.

Just a second….I’ll be right there…

Oh, hi, Hal…I’m just getting out of the shower…want to join me?
God, I missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment