Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Don't Care What Phil Said

I don’t care what Phil said…this is what I say…I need it by tomorrow morning. I need it to be finished and I need it to be perfect and I need it delivered to my room by 7am.

I don’t care what Phil said. Phil can kiss my ass…not that he hasn’t been doing it for 6 months anyway…Phil isn’t the one with his reputation on the line…I am.

Well then Phil can come up here and do the presentation…but maybe he should wait until he can shave without cutting himself, because these guys would eat him alive.

She kicks her 3-inch heels across the room and reaches for a bottle of water from the mini-bar.

Listen…I’ve gotta go…it’s almost 10 o’clock, and I still have a hundred things to do that you people should have had done before I got here.

Alright…just have it here by 7, OK? I’ll deal with the rest of it when I get back…My flight leaves here at 1pm, so check with the airline and make sure there’s a car at the airport when I land…and don’t forget to use the good limo company…the car you sent last time smelled like hooker threw up in it after she smoked a cigar.

OK…see you tomorrow.

Wow…it’s amazing some people actually make it through the day alive…she says to herself, as she continues to get undressed. She wraps her imported silk robe around her and walks to the bathroom. A nice, hot shower, and then some room service and a quick rehearsal in my head, and we should be good.
Now who the hell could that be? She runs for the phone, dripping wet, wrapping a towel in her hair as she goes. If that’s Phil , I swear I’ll…aaahhh! My toe!

Hello? OH…hi, Mom…how are you? Is something wrong? Why are you calling me here?

Are you sure?

Well, OK…as long as you’re sure…how’s Dad doing? Yeah, I know…what did the doctor say? What do you mean, nothing? How can they not know? They’re supposed to know everything…that’s why we pay them so much, for God’s sake!

Oh…I know…I’m sorry…no, I’m sure it’ll be fine…OH, Mom…please don’t cry…he’ll be fine…I….I just can’t right now, but I’ll see you on the weekend, Ok?

I love you too. Give Dad a kiss for me…maybe he’ll remember who I am this time…yeah, I hope so too.

Bye, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment